Xtreme Zero Waste offers tours of our Recycle Centre in Raglan. We work in small groups, allowing for a fun and interactive experience.
Xtreme Zero Waste site tours look at how a recycling centre operates, visiting the different areas of our site while focusing on topics of your choice.
What else can site tours include?
- Zero Waste – Why Zero Waste? How do we get there?
- Upcycling – Trash to Treasure – Reuse, Remake, Repair!
- Recycling – What happens to recycled product
- Composting – Making a resource out of organic waste. Worm farms.
- Waste audits – How to conduct a waste audit and why
- Businesses – Wasetbusting in the Workplace
- Community – Benefits of community ownership and job creation
- Our story – How we started a community-run recycling centre in Raglan
- And more… Talk to us about your focus. All tours can be modified to suit your learning needs.
What days are tours available?
Tours are available Monday – Friday before 12.30pm.
How many people can we bring?
We can host a maximum of 80 visitors on site – divided into small groups, each with their own zero waste educator to guide their tour.
How long is the tour?
Tours can take from under an hour for kindy kids and up to 1.5 – 2 hours for teenagers and adults.
What does it cost?
We are a non-profit community operation. Tours are provided at a subsidised rate to Waikato District organisations.
Donations are welcome. Schools and groups from other council districts should enquire as costs depend on funding available at the time of visit. If you would like to arrange to have a site tour, please contact Karen Brekon firstname.lastname@example.org