Xtreme Zero Waste offers tours of our Recycle Centre in Raglan. We work in small groups, allowing for a fun and interactive experience.
Xtreme Zero Waste site tours look at how a recycle centre operates, visiting the different areas of our site, while focusing on topics of your choice.
Download our Site Tour flyer here
What else can site tours include?
- Zero Waste – Why Zero Waste? How do we get there?
- Upcycling – Trash to Treasure – Reuse, Remake, Repair!
- Recycling – What happens to recycled product
- Composting – Making a resource out of organic waste. Worm farms.
- Waste audits – How to conduct a waste audit and why
- Businesses – Wasetbusting in the Workplace
- Community – Benefits of community ownership and job creation
- Our story – How we started a community-run recycling centre in Raglan
- And more… Talk to us about your focus. All tours can be modified to suit your learning needs.
What days are tours available?
Tours are available Monday – Friday before 12.30pm.
How many people can we bring?
We can host a maximum of 80 visitors on site – divided into small groups, each with their own zero waste educator to guide their tour.
How long is the tour?
Tours take roughly 2 – 2 1/2 hours, depending on the group.
What does it cost?
We are a non-profit community operation. Tours are provided at a subsidised rate to Waikato District organisations.
Donations are welcome. Schools and groups from other council districts should enquire as costs depend on funding available at the time of visit.