Xtreme Zero Waste offers tours of our Recycle Centre in Raglan. We work in small groups, allowing for a fun and interactive experience.
Xtreme Zero Waste site tours look at how a recycle centre operates, visiting the different areas of our site, while focusing on topics of your choice.
Download our Site Tour flyer here
What else can site tours include?
- Zero Waste – Why Zero Waste? How do we get there?
- Upcycling – Trash to Treasure – Reuse, Remake, Repair!
- Recycling – What happens to recycled product
- Composting – Making a resource out of organic waste. Worm farms.
- Waste audits – How to conduct a waste audit and why
- Businesses – Wasetbusting in the Workplace
- Community – Benefits of community ownership and job creation
- Our story – How we started a community-run recycling centre in Raglan
- And more… Talk to us about your focus. All tours can be modified to suit your learning needs.
What days are tours available?
Tours are available on Thursdays. Small groups can be arranged on other days.
How many people can we bring?
We can host a maximum of 80 visitors on site – divided into small groups, each with their own zero waste educator to guide their tour.
How long is the tour?
Tours take roughly 2 – 2 1/2 hours, depending on the group.
What does it cost?
We are a non-profit community operation. Tours are provided at a subsidised rate to Waikato District organisations.
Donations are welcome. Schools and groups from other council districts should enquire as costs depend on funding available at the time of visit.